Compiled here is a collection of aspirational quote spanning generations and ages to inspire, encourage and motivate you to aspire to be the person you want to be.
- Dr. King Jordan, the seventh president of Gallaudet University, Washington DC,USA 1988-2006, quoted Frederick Schreibert, saying, “Deaf people can do anything hearing people can, except hear,” which became the motto of the deaf community.
- Stephen Hawking, who has had motor neurone disease from the age of 21, is a cosmologist, a successor to Isaac Newton as Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, and has had to overcome extraordinary obstacles in his life. Where he is most admirable is in his attitude to his disability – “I believe that disabled people should concentrate on things that their handicap doesn’t prevent them from doing and not regret those they can’t do”.
- “Educate them young and communicate with them for life “ These are words which Mike Duxbury who is totally blind, formerly with Vodafone and a Director of EASiTEC (www.easitec.co), believes in !!
- “Live to learn and learn to live “ and “Failure breeds success and it never fails” are two quotes which Ken Carter – Director of Deaf Aspirations & other educational enterprises – uses almost daily and is part of his philosophy on life.
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.” Aristotle.
- “We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities”. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible.” Aspirational quote by Arthur C. Clarke
- “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”. – Albert Einstein
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do”. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Hearing people love English and its richness ; however, it is seen by the deaf community as a tool to achieve equality but no one realises that deaf people love sign language and its richness in the same manner”
- “If you always do what you’re always done.
You’ll always get what you’ve always got”
- “We are difference
for respecting difference
for allowing difference
until difference doesn’t matter anymore”
- “Assert your right to make a few mistakes.
If people can’t accept your imperfections that their fault”
– Aspirational quote by Dr David M.Burns
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one”
Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915)
- “Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again”
– Aspirational quote by Franklin P. Jones
- “Its always helpful to learn from your mistakes because your mistakes seem worthwhile”
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of education derelicts.
Persistence & determination alone are omnipotent.
The slogan “Press on “ has solved and always will solve the problem of the human race”