Deaf Aspirations aims to assist, advance in life and enable deaf children, young people and adults achieve through education, training, technology, creative activities, employment, entrepreneurship and business skills. We want to advance the education and understanding of the public in the needs and aspirations of deaf, hard of hearing and deafened people in the UK and worldwide as well as furthering such other social enterprise purposes for the public benefit.
Our activities will revolve around establishing the following:
- centres of leadership & entrepreneurial training directed toward intervention, education and training of children ,young people and adults with varying degrees of deafness;
- train teachers, parents and others in communication skills especially in sign languages so that they can understand and help people with the challenges of deafness;
- foster, promote, commission and undertake research and development in business/entrepreneurial skills;
- disseminate research and development outcomes of deaf role models and successful business companies being managed by deaf people.
- foster, initiate and develop projects concerned with aiming high and realising the potential of deaf people;
- provide social opportunities for people with deafness and their families and peers to encourage co-operation and integration and as a platform for training and education;
- hold workshops, exhibitions, meetings, lectures, classes, seminars and courses either alone or with others;